Improving lung & respiratory capacity
The healthy lungs program is ideal for people who have compromised lung and respiratory capacity. Patients may be suffering from COPD, a heart condition, weight gain, or are recovering from COVID-19.
About the Healthy Lungs Program:
The Healthy Lungs program focuses on improving lung & respiratory capacity, and can be delivered in either the clinic, at home, or via Telehealth. If you’re suffering from COPD, a heart condition, weight gain, recovering from COVID-19, or post-hospitalization, this program is catered to your needs. We want to help with the following:
- Progressive pulmonary recovery through our breathing program
- Improve your muscle function, joint flexibility, and strengthening
- Cardiopulmonary tolerance programming
- Provide an education and breathing strategies to clear airway
- Progressive balance and mobility recovery
- Return to work, leisure, and daily activities
What does the Healthy Lungs Program treat?
The healthy lungs program helps with a variety of issues, including:
- Respiratory issues: airway clearance, breathing mechanics and restoring full lung capacity
- Post-hospitalization issues from prolonged immobility
- Generalized weakness and impaired mobility
- Exacerbation of other medical co-morbidities
- New problems related to pain, joint stiffness, and other musculoskeletal issues
Physical Therapy for Healthy Lungs
If you are hoping to increase your respiratory capacity, contact your nearest Northern Physical Therapy / Ivy Rehab clinic for an evaluation. Our friendly and skilled therapists offer a variety of therapy options to help patients reach their goals and continue their favorite activities.
How soon can I get treatment?
To be treated in the clinic or home, the patient must have medical clearance according to CDC guidelines:
- Minimum of 72 hrs since the resolution of fever
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath and cough)
- Minimum of 7 days since the first symptoms appeared
- Note: Telehealth visits can begin as soon as possible.
Early intervention is important!
We're here to take care of you, when and where you need us most - in the clinic, at home, or via telehealth.
Real people, treating you like people...
“This is the BEST place to go for physical therapy! The knowledgeable staff truly cares for you and your recovery. David has been the biggest advocate in getting me back to normalcy after injury and surgery with realistic goals that make me strive to break through barriers I didn’t think I could. Real people treating you like people, it’s an amazing concept I wish more places would follow.” – Kyle H., Lowell patient