Helping, healing, and holding on
We use our hands for everything and an injury can affect your work, school, and activities at home, but we can help. We specialize in rehabilitating patients affected by traumatic injury, post operative, chronic, and acquired conditions to fingers, hands, wrists, and elbows.
What does hand therapy include?
- Safe treatments without surgery
- Pain relief
- Edema management
- Reducing sensitivity due to nerve injury
- Regaining feeling after a nerve injury
- Home exercise programs to improve movement and strength
- Utilizing adaptive equipment to make life easier
- Fitting of braces or splints if needed
If surgery is needed, we can assist you with preventing infection, scar management and swelling reduction. We’re also equipped to speak with your employer about your situation. We can offer suggestions on ways to change to your work environment or ways to alter the way you do your job.
Injuries to the hand or arm
- Fractures of the hand or arm
- Lacerations and amputations
- Surgical repairs of tendons and nerves
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Occupational therapists are lending a helping hand
“I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Northern Physical Therapy for their involvement in my rehabilitation. To the occupational therapy – thank you for your dedication to my recovery. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you to the entire staff – you are the greatest. I am deeply indebted to you.” – Jerry T., Cedar Springs patient