Winter tasks can be a little easier, and more fun, when you wear Yaktrax. Runners, people who work outdoors, and the general population, have to walk, run and work on packed snow and ice. Whether you’re walking your dog, getting groceries, running a marathon, or taking on the slopes, you don’t want to be down and out because of a slip in snowy conditions. Yaktrax easily slip on the bottom of your shoes to help you avoid slipping on snow and ice in the winter months.
Many of our physical therapists have been using Yaktrax for years. In the winter, we find them to be a necessity to reduce the risk of slips and falls, and its not just athletes and runners who use them. We encourage our patients with limited mobility to give them a try if they worry about making it across icy parking lots or driveways.
Who needs Yaktrax?
– Athletes who want to run or perform their sport outdoors, regardless of the weather
– People with limited mobility who want to lessen their risk of falls on the snow and ice
– Construction workers and public service officials who work outside, no matter the conditions
– Outdoorsmen who hunt, hike and fish in the winter months
Yaktrax Pro Now Available
Because we so strongly believe in this product we’ve become a reseller so you can purchase them right from our clinics. We’ve selected the Yaktrax Pro because of it’s instant ability give you better traction, confidence and safety on packed snow or ice. Walk, run, or work on slick surfaces with the same stability you’re accustomed to on dry surfaces. Don’t let the winter weather put a damper on your outdoor activities or athletic training.
The Yaktrax Pro is available for $30, which is the same price you’ll pay at the big box stores, only you don’t have to drive to get them – we’re close to home.
Yaktrax Pro Benefits
– Get out and be active on snowy days, knowing you have reduced your chances of falling
– Use these on shoes that don’t have a lot of traction
– Reduce risk of slipping/falls even on compact snow and solid ice during outdoor winter activity
– They don’t significantly change gait/running mechanics on outdoor surfaces
– Easily interchangeable between all your shoes and boots
– Easily removed when you go indoors
– Keeps those with limited mobility safe and gives them confidence when walking in the winter
Call or visit the Northern Physical Therapy clinic nearest you to get your Yaktrax today!