Because we live in a 4 season state, we spend a good deal of time outdoors in the winter. Athletes, construction crews, public service workers, soldiers, outdoorsmen, and many more walk, run and work on packed snow and ice. Whether you’re walking your dog, running a marathon, or taking on the slopes, you don’t want to be down and out because of a slip in snowy conditions.
Many of our physical therapists have been using Yaktrax for years. In the winter, we find them to be a necessity to reduce the risk of slips and falls, and its not just the runners who use these. We encourage many of our older patients to give them a try if they worry about making it across icy parking lots or driveways.
Yaktrax Pro Now Available
Because we so strongly believe in this product we’ve become a reseller so you can purchase them right from our clinic. We’ve selected the Yaktrax Pro because of it’s instant ability give you better traction, confidence and safety on packed snow or ice. Walk, run, or work on slick surfaces with the same stability you’re accustomed to on dry surfaces. Don’t let the winter weather put a damper on your outdoor activities or athletic training.
The Yaktrax Pro is available for $30, which is the same price you’ll pay at the big box stores, only you don’t have to drive to get them – we’re close to home.
Yaktrax Pro Benefits
– Get out and be active on snowy days, knowing you have reduced your chances of falling
– You can use these on shoes that don’t have a lot of traction
– Reduce risk of slipping/falls even on compact snow and solid ice during outdoor winter activity
– They don’t significantly change gait/running mechanics on outdoor surfaces
– They are interchangeable between all your shoes and boots
– Easily removed when you go indoors
– Keeps older adults safe and gives them confidence when walking in the winter
Call or visit the Northern Physical Therapy clinic nearest you to get your Yaktrax today!