- 1 pkg 16 oz brown rice spiral pasta
- 1pd ground turkey sausage *use vegan sausages
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups spinach or arugula
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow, red or orange peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese *use “parma” parmesan cheese for vegan
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda (you will have to shred yourself) *use vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Boil pasta as directed
- Sauté onions, minced garlic, peppers in a saute pan for 4-6 min in olive oil or butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder and basil and pepper to taste.
- Add halved tomatoes for 2-4 more min.
- Add spinach last and set aside
- Grab another saute pan and cook sausage until done, add vegetables pack to pan.
- When noodles are done cooking save 1 cup of water and place it into a medium sized pan for the cheese mixture.
- Add 1 cup Gouda, 1/4 cup parmesan and pepper to taste to the water from noodles.
- Mix with whisk until thickened. Low heat is best.
- Add noodles and cheese to meat and vegetable mixture and cook until noodles are coated with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is brought to us by our friend Jennifer Smits, personal chef and fitness instructor.