Yoga is one of the simplest forms of exercise due to the fact that you can do it just about anywhere, its inexpensive, each pose can be modified to your level of fitness, and its incredibly beneficial for all ages and stages. If you think yoga is just for the super flexible and those who meditate, think again.
Yoga uses a combination of stretching, relaxation techniques and breathing to achieve a calming yet active state. The relaxation techniques incorporated in yoga have incredible benefits and are often used to help lessen chronic pain in the lower back, relieve arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome. But the potential healing capabilities don’t stop there.
Benefits of Yoga
– Increases flexibility, muscle strength and tone
– Improves respiration and energy levels
– Helps achieve a deeper sleep
– Assists in creating a balanced metabolism and helps with weight reduction
– Prevents digestive issues including IBS
– Assists with cardio and circulatory health
– Improves athletic performance
– Protects you from future injury
– Perfects your posture
– Protects your spine
– Improves your balance
But there aren’t just physical benefits to yoga, there are mental benefits as well. Yoga is an ideal practice for managing stress, which can have serious effects on your body and overall health. Yoga can also be a conduit to a more positive outlook on life. When you take a moment to relax, quiet your mind, and do something physical for yourself, your body will thank you.
We offer yoga classes as part of our fitness program. New classes start every few weeks and we welcome attendees of all fitness levels. Visit our class page to see the schedule and class nearest you.