This smoothie is simple to make and you can easily substitute any of the fruits out for whatever you already have on hand.
1 banana, cut in chunks
1 cup grapes
1 (6 ounce) greek vanilla yogurt
1/2 apple, cored and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
Place all ingredients into a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth. You may have to stop to push down anything that is stuck to the sides. Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
Makes 1.5 quarts/Serves 4
2- 13.6 oz cans unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tbsp cocao powder
1/4th cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
1/4th tsp arrowroot powder
3 egg whites
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Place all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan on medium heat. Omit peanut butter
2. Whisk for about 5 min or until liquid starts to bubble.
3. Take off burner and pour liquid in a mixing bowl. Cover and let set in fridge for id least 2 hours
or fully cooled.
4. Place into ice cream maker for about 10 min. Watch the thickness of the ice cream and add the peanut butter in at about 5 min. If you wait till its almost done and very thick the peanut butter will not mix well.
5. You can serve immediately for a soft serve ice cream or put ice cream into a glass container and let set in freezer for a few hours until it hardens. I garnished mine with cacao nibs and some honey!
This recipe was brought to us by our friend Jennifer Smits, Chef and Personal Trainer.