A whole grain, quinoa is high in protein, fiber, iron, magnesium; its gluten free; helps to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar. Wow, all that in a little grain?! Much like rice or couscous, quinoa is delicious on its own or can be added to literally hundreds of recipes.
– 3 cups cooked quinoa, or 1 cup dry quinoa
– 3/4 cup chopped, dried fruit – get creative here, try raisins, dried apricots, dried currants, or dried cranberries
– 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– 1 diced bell pepper, red, orange or green
Salad Dressing Ingredients
– 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice (we recommend lime)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 2 minced garlic cloves
– A pinch of salt
– Mix the salad ingredients in a bowl
– In a separate bowl, stir the dressing ingredients together
– Pour the dressing over the salad, mix together, and enjoy!
– Store leftovers in the refrigerator