This simple snack packs a lot of punch and its a fun take on a tropical fruit salad. Studies show that grapefruit is one of the best foods for weight loss because of the effect it has on the fat-storage hormone insulin. In addition, grapefruit is actually pretty filling because its about 90% water, giving it the highest water concentration of any fruit. All that juice will fill you up rather quickly and prevent you from overeating.
– Grapefruit cut in cubes
– Banana slices
– Honey, drizzled
Mix together and enjoy!
Granola is the perfect snack or breakfast food, and this one is packed with protein. In general, granola has wonderful health benefits including the ability to lower cholesterol, improve heart heath, regulate digestion, increase energy, and lower blood pressure.
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
dark chocolate chips
dried cherries or cranberries
– Preheat oven to 325
– Combine all ingredients except the oats and heat either over stovetop or in the microwave until just melted and smooth
– Pour oats into the bowl and mix together
– Spread the mixture on parchment paper and bake until the granola is golden, approximately 19 minutes, stirring occasionally
– Once the granola is done baking let it cool and it will harden
– Store in an air tight container
Looking for the perfect dish to bring to a party, or serve as an appetizer? This salad is so good, and its really easy to make.
– 2 pounds of cooked turkey cubes
– 4 organic celery stalks, diced finely
– 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup organic pecans
– 1/2 cup organic cranberries
– 1/4 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
– 6 ounces of greek yogurt
– 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
– 1-1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all the ingredients together and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold with a salad or on bread.
This recipe was brought to us by our friend and personal chef, The Seasoned Chef, Jennifer Smits.