2013 marks a very exciting time in our organization. This year we are celebrating our 20th anniversary, and the July also marks the 10 year anniversary of Gina and Janis owning the business!
- 1993 The first Northern office opened under its original owner in Kent City, MI
- 1993 The Kent City office was relocated to Sparta
- 1994 The pool was added in our Sparta clinic
- 1997 A second location was built in Grant and it including a state-of-the-art pool for fitness and Aquatic Therapy
- 1999 Our third clinic opened in Cedar Springs
- 2000 Our fourth clinic opened in Coopersville
- 2003 Our fifth clicic opened in Wayland
- 2003 Janis Kemper and Gina Otterbein purchased Northern from the former owner
- 2004 We added athletic training to our list of services
- 2005 We expanded our business by added occupational therapy and women’s health
Which team members have been here the longest?
- Of course Gina and Janis have been around since they purchased the business,
but they’ve had some very loyal employees.
- Jan Williams, HR Coordinator – 10 years
- Lisa Otterbein-Bolek, Physical Therapist – 9 years
- Susan Roemer, Physical Therapist – 9 years
- Mark Garnaat, Athletic Trainer – 9 years
Who are our most experienced Physical and Occupational Therapists?
- Julie Blodgett, Physical Therapist – 27 years
- Lyn Jansen, Occupational Therapist – 19 years
- Our average amount of experience is 11.66 years
How many of our staff members hold a Doctorate of Physical Therapy?
How many of our therapists graduated from Grand Valley State University?
The most common problems we currently treat (in order) are:
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Ankle & foot pain
- Hip pain
- Neck pain
What’s our mission?
To create committed clinical teams with energy and passion for physical and occupational therapy that results in success for our patients, our communities and each other.